Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Strawberry Monsters!

Strawberry Monster #1

I loved to eat my strawberries
While my babe was still inside
If I could not have them
I surely would have cried

My belly was big and round
When a friend came up to me
There was an old wives tale
He wanted to share with me

When you eat the strawberries
A strawberry birthmark will show
Upon your baby’s delicate skin
I thought you’d like to know.

I dismissed these claims, pishaw!
These silly old wives tales
I continued to eat my strawberries
Every morning without fail

My daughter arrived in perfect time
When she was good and ready
Ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes
And a strawberry birthmark on her belly!

It was slightly red and heart shaped
And included all the seeds
That silly old wives tale was true
I can say it happened to me!
Strawberry Monster #2

Finally when she was old enough
She ate strawberries too
She loved to eat them every morning
Enough for her and you!

Fast forward now to summer
She was only eighteen months old
We were at a family barbeque
This is how the story unfolds


A great big bowl of strawberries
That was meant for all the guests
Was placed in front of my daughter
Then suddenly there were none left!

She had eaten every strawberry
in that great big bowl
Her belly was full of strawberries
The dearest little soul.


The adults smiled and laughed
Over all the strawberries she ate
The cutest little strawberry monster
That God ever did create.

No comments:

Post a Comment