Saturday, April 16, 2011

Little Brother

My brother and I in 1967

In Port-aux-Basques, Newfoundland
I was just a little wee girl
When my little brother Leonard
Was born during a winter’s storm

Even though I was very little
I just knew it in my heart
My brother would be my best friend
Right from the very start

I used to love to look at him
And hold his little hand
I was right there beside him
When he tried to stand

I remember when we were small
Mom and Dad were still asleep
We’d sneak downstairs to watch TV
Quietly with little padded feet

We waited for what seemed for hours
For Bugs Bunny cartoons to start
Then we’d giggle and laugh out loud
With innocent smiles in our hearts

I love my little brother
He's mine to keep forever
Even now we're all grown up
Our bond will not be severed


Len and I in 1968

Copyright ©Sherry Irvine – April 4, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!!
    You and Len have not changed much in looks...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete