Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Land of Orange Bliss



We're riding in an orange boat
We're sailing the milky sea
The sun is orange in the sky
It's as bright as it can be

I am the captain of this ship
And you are my first mate
Look through my binoculars
Is that an island that awaits?

The sand is made of crispy rice
Orange lollipops line the beach
I see an orange jelly fish
It looks yummy and very sweet


Chocolate oranges on every tree
Orange flamingos and macaroons
I see an orange shortbread house
And angels with orange balloons


What is this magical place? I ask
This is a land of orange bliss!
But my thoughts are interrupted
As my mother gives me a kiss (yuck)


It's time for me to go to school
She hands me my old lunch pail
I hope it's....
Orange marmalade sandwiches
Baby carrots and an orange with a sail.



Sherry Irvine - March 8, 2011


CREDITS:  Painting by Cheryl Poulin, Ottawa, Ontario - http://www.earmark-decorative-painting-studio.com/mixed-media.html

No comments:

Post a Comment