Monday, March 7, 2011

Sleeping Bunny - Monday's Child #36

Monday's Child #36

I'm reading a magic storybook
Because when I open each page
I'm a character inside the story
And I'm very very brave

I tiptoe softly through each page
As everyone's asleep you see
I must be there for a long long time
Because tree roots are growing over me

The roots are tickling my tummy
And they tickle my little toes
I'm trying hard to open my eyes
But sleep has kept them closed

They give me hugs and kisses
and surround my pretty head
All the while I'm in the book
Yet I'm really inside my bed

And then of course I realize
that I am the Sleeping Bunny
Dreaming sweet Princess dreams
Waiting for Prince Wabbit to kiss me
The End.

© Sherry Irvine – March 7, 2011

10 comments:

  1. Oh a Prince Wabbit --but of course, every princess Wabbit is dreaming of her prince...cute story....thank you..bkm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Adorable Sherry. What a brilliant story you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. Nice--I'm (almost!) inspired to try this...
    PEACE to all sleeping Princess Wabbits and the Prince in their dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wabbit ... just wonderful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so sweet. I love your take and your wording. and the 'wabbit' end is just perfect.

    have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great imagination..I love this!!

    ReplyDelete