Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mr. Robin Redbreast



Hello Mr. Robin Redbreast
You darling little thing
In March I always search for you
You're the first sign of spring!

In the morning when I awake
I love to hear you sing
Your songs are bright and cheerful
Delightful words you bring

I see you play upon my grass
You dance your little dance
Searching for your breakfast
Looking for your romance

I watch you gather twine and twigs
To make your marriage nest
Then the Mrs. lays her eggs
And you proudly puff your chest


Then the little chicks are born
You look after them so well
Feeding them, protecting them
Until they say farewell


I will savour every moment
As you play in my backyard
because....
One day you will disappear
And winter won't be far.




Sherry Irvine - March 22, 2011
IMAGE CREDITS:  GOOGLE FREE IMAGES

2 comments: