Monday, March 14, 2011

Step on Mamma's Back?


On my way to school one day
I stepped on a great big crack
I wonder if it really meant
I'd break my Mother's back

I thought about this all day long
Is Mamma's back okay?
What if I really broke her back?
Then what would she say?

I got home after school this day
And my Mamma was lying down
My eyes welled up with tears
My mouth turned upside down

"Why are you crying?" she asks
"I'm sure I broke your back"
"Why on earth would you think that?"
"Because I stepped on a crack!"

"It's true that sometimes my back is sore
But it has nothing to do with you.
Mamma's just getting older,
But here's what I want you to do"

Then Mamma lies down on the floor
"Never mind that silly crack"
Now take off your shoes and socks
"And stomp all over my back!"

"ooooo owww oooo owwww
oh that feels so good!
Keep stomping on my back"
Then all of a sudden I understood.....

 I see her pretty smile
I can see she's really glad
Stepping on her back is very good
So I have no reason to be sad.

This is the story of Yesha
And her lovely mother Su
So next time you step on a crack
Pretend you're stepping on Su!!
(teehee teehee)

Sherry Irvine - March 11, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment